A few days ago I installed two additional NICs in my server that handle the virtual machine for vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA).
After the NICs installation, the Management web interface for vCSA was showing some strange error (see image below).
I added two images to show you that the error is almost the same and not browser related.
Next I went online and tried to find a way to fix this issue. Among other stuff I also updated the vCSA, but unfortunately nothing helped.
Finally after a lot of research I found the trouble to be caused not by the VMware code, but something in SUSE Linux OS (on which vCSA is built on). Apparently I had to manually add the new NICs configuration in SUSE:
Add the follwing lines:
DEVICE=eth2 BOOTPROTO='static' STARTMODE='auto' TYPE=Ethernet USERCONTROL='no' IPADDR='10.0.0.35' NETMASK='255.255.255.0' BROADCAST='10.0.0.255'
Then add a symbolic link in the right place:
ln -s /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth2 /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth2
You need this configuration for each one of your NICs. Of course you need to adapt the configuration for your NICs (eth1, eth2…)
It looks better now:
There may be an easier way to fix this problem, but for me, the above solution worked just fine. If you encounter this error and fix it in another way, please feel free to let me know.